Deciding a specialty is the first stage in starting a dropshipping business.
With so many different dropshipping products, choosing the right niche could be difficult.
So apart from knowing the best dropship products to dropship, what do you need to do when choosing the most profitable dropshipping niche??
- Do a Facebook analysis: with over 2.2 billion monthly active users, Facebook is the most commonly used social media platform. It provides you with insights to learn more about a specific target audience. It helps analyze the size of a dropshipping niche and the interests related to that niche by aggregating information from Facebook members.
- Carry out a Keyword search with Tools such as Google planner: SEO plays a major role in how much information people can get on a topic, and in this case a niche.
Using keyword tools or google ads to get insight on the most searched keyword would give you a hint on what people are searching for.
- Determine Seasonality: Ascertaining whether a market’s demand for a particular drop shipping product fluctuates is significant. You may be slightly inaccurate with the speculations from the keyword tool’s monthly statistics if you monitor search quantities at the wrong time of year.
Sometimes, a search phrase is likely to be very seasonal, with peak demand occurring during summer.
Take this into consideration as it would help in choosing the most profitable dropshipping niche.
- Check for Long-tail variations: when one does a keyword analysis, it’s easy to focus mainly on the broad one- or two-word terms that get massive amounts of search volume. But in reality, it’s the longer, more specific, and lower volume search queries that will compose most of your traffic from the search engines. The more detailed search terms are normally referred to as “long tail” searches.
Do keep it in mind whenever you’re looking at potential niches to enter into. If a search term has several differences that are actively searched for, it is a good sign that the market is relatively deep with lots of diversity and attraction. But if search queries and related volume drop off rapidly after the first few high-level words, there’s probably less related long-tail traffic. Hence, that drop shipping niche may not be so profitable.
- Check for Physical concentration: Another important thing to consider when choosing a profitable dropshipping niche is knowing where people are looking for a phrase about where they are physically located. This might help you in identifying where your customers are concentrated in a given market region.
- Search via a place: Some of the best dropshipping suppliers in the US, according to their websites usually have it in mind that local search volumes vary worldwide (in your nation or a user-definable area). Concentrate on local search traffic and ignore worldwide results if you want to sell exclusively in the United States.
In a place like the US, you could opt for dropship of home decor, or partner with some US dropship suppliers. Another niche doing well in the US is the clothing niche. Visit Mydepot and sign up for free to start your dropshipping business.
Take into account the mentioned tips, they will aid you in choosing a profitable drop shipping niche.