Relationships are (usually) between two people. However, people change and grow and so do relationships. Some evolve into marriages and families while others just fizzle out. Here are some hilarious break up texts.
Breaking up is never easy to do. But breaking up via text is even worse. You go through an entire relationship, building memories, growing closer and suddenly one day you realize you just don’t want to be with that person anymore. Maybe it’s maturing or just growing out of a relationship but sometimes changes are necessary. Instead of asking to meet in person and talk it out and break up in a respectful way, you decide to save yourself the time, energy and stress and decide to just shoot them a text. (That’s maybe slightly better than uploading a cryptic Instagram post or subtly changing your Facebook relationship status.) It’s really sad and somewhat pathetic. Apparently sending these texts is much more common than we expected. Some of them are funny but most are just plain sad. We’ve got 30 breakup texts that will probably break your heart. We’d hold a box of tissues close by.
- We should probably be a little more cautious of a potential “crazy ex” on the horizon for this person. They clearly refuse to accept that it’s over. Maybe some of the clingy texts we see later are from this particular individual.
2. Emojis are a great thing to use in your texts. But using them for a breakup text is just pathetic. This guy took it to a new level…he ONLY used emojis. I mean, that is what they say: pictures say a thousand words.
3. When you can’t find the words to say, using song lyrics doesn’t help. That just makes things so much more emotional and painful doesn’t it? Who recognized the subtle poetry and the precise rhymes though?
4. And then there are the breakup texts that you start but never really finish. Maybe silence is the easiest thing to do but it’s definitely the biggest “no no” you can do. Hope she had a place to stay that night because it doesn’t sound like that person is too eager to have them home.
5. Umm, we’re pretty speechless with this breakup text. In fact, if there’s anyone we feel majorly sorry for it’s probably the one who is doing the breakup. No way out now. By the way, who doesn’t love a good magic trick?
6. Clearly, this person had NO idea how to break up with someone. In fact, this is probably one of the worst breakup attempts out there. We feel bad for whoever got this text. But it seems kind of contradictory if they say it’s not you and it’s me and then follow that up with ‘you’re bad for my health.’
7. Autocorrect ruins everything. But it’s even worse when you made a mistake and the person literally shows no emotion. Clearly, Jenna wanted to break up for a while. She doesn’t even try to cover up her mistake rather she just acknowledges the ‘awkwardness.’
8. Finding humor in a breakup can make it easier but in the end, it just makes you come off as plain rude. This definitely makes us feel for the person getting broken up with. In their defense, all those analogies should have been indicative of their deeper intentions.
9. Not finding the perfect moment when to end a relationship can be super frustrating. But picking the most random opportunity to do it is just plain sad. Or just plain funny. You know someone is serious when they end a sentence without a smiley face or a ‘LOL.’
10. This text screams heartbreak. A good way to see if you are coming about it the right way is by texting it to someone else…right? And it’s always good to ask for advice and get some constructive criticism…even if it’s from an absolute stranger.