As Forrest Gump once brilliantly explained, “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get.” Never has that statement rung more true than when it pertains to our family genetics!
While most family members share some serious resemblances, every day genetic marvels occur even within one single family unit. Whether short parents raise a child who sprouts into an NBA player or a pair of brunettes welcome a bouncing baby redhead into the world, genetics can be unpredictable.
As if we needed any more proof of just how bizarre they can be, these 14 photos will show you just how off the wall they truly are…
1. Believe it or not, these two gentlemen aren’t just best friends showing each other some love—they’re actual twin brothers! The man on the left captioned this photo on Instagram: “My twin brother is an Irishman, but I am not.”
2. When the woman on the right posted this picture on Reddit, she wrote, “I am half-Asian and half-European, but I have red hair. How do you like the mixture?” She and her sister really do have the exact same features; one with a fair complexion and one who is more dark.
3. When most people see photographs of this woman, they instantly think that her eyes have been digitally altered. But she assures everyone that they are not. Look at them up close—pretty spectacular, huh?
4. They say there’s someone out there for everyone, and that’s never been more true than with these two folks who have the exact inverse of one another’s birthmarks. The odds of that happening have to be less than one in one billion.
5. Redheads are so rare, you’d probably think there’s no way an entire family could all have red hair. Well, you’d be right, because everyone in this family is a ginger… except for two people: the grandmother and the aunt. They’re pretty easy to spot!