ViraScoop.com DMCA Policy
ViraScoop.com respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our users to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Services.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, ViraScoop.com’s intellectual property policy is to (a) remove material that ViraScoop.com believes in good faith, upon notice from an intellectual property owner or their agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Services, and (b) remove any Subscriber Content posted to the Services by “repeat infringers.” ViraScoop.com considers a “repeat infringer” to be any user that has uploaded Subscriber Content to the Services and for whom ViraScoop.com has received more than two takedown notices compliant with the provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) with respect to such Subscriber Content. ViraScoop.com has discretion, however, to terminate the account of any user after receipt of a single notification of claimed infringement or upon ViraScoop.com’s own determination.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to ViraScoop.com’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, ViraScoop.com will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to ViraScoop.com’s Designated Copyright Agent:
If you receive a notification from ViraScoop.com that material made available by you on or through the Services has been the subject of a Notification of Claimed Infringement, then you will have the right to provide ViraScoop.com with what is called a “Counter Notification.” To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing, provided to ViraScoop.com’s Designated Agent through one of the methods identified immediately above, and include substantially the following information:
– A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
– Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
– A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
– The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which ViraScoop.com may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided a Notification of Claimed Infringement as set forth above or an agent of such person.
A party submitting a Counter Notification should consult a lawyer or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm the party’s obligations to provide a valid counter notification under the Copyright Act.
ViraScoop.com Actions Following Receipt of Counter Notification
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification, ViraScoop.com shall promptly provide the party submitting a Notification of Claimed Infringement with a copy of the Counter Notification, and ViraScoop.com will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in not less than 10, nor more than fourteen (14), business days following receipt of the Counter Notice, unless ViraScoop.com’s Designated Agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the Notification of Claimed Infringement that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on ViraScoop.com’s system or network.
False Notifications of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notifications
The Copyright Act provides that:[a]ny person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [ViraScoop.com] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
17 U.S.C. § 512(f).
ViraScoop.com reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a Notification of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notification in violation of the law.
For the avoidance of doubt, only notices submitted under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the procedures set forth in this Agreement should be sent to the Designated Agent at [email protected]. Any other comments, compliments, complaints or suggestions about ViraScoop.com, the operation of the Services or any other matter should be sent to [email protected].